Date: Sunday, October 4 (*NEW DATE*)
Time: Main ride starts at 10am in Crystal City; see optional alternative starting times & locations below; Kidical Mass ride for young children and their families (3 mile distance) starts at 12pm from Crystal City.
Where: Crystal City: 18th Street and Crystal Drive
Cost: $10 for individuals, $25 for families (up to 4 individuals) and includes a technical t-shirt for each individual. Additional shirts are available at $10 each
What: The Arlington Fun Ride is a scenic, family-friendly bike ride is in its 5th year and will give the anticipated 250+ participants a chance to experience the paved trails that make up the “Arlington Loop.” To ensure the ride is accessible and inclusive of all experience levels, riders may choose to start at any of the 4 rest stops along the loop to complete 16-, 12-, 8- and 4-mile distances, ending at our Family Fitness Festival at the finish in Crystal City. There will also be a shorter 3-mile Kidical Mass children’s loop in Crystal City, suitable for riders ages 10 and under. The event is hosted by Phoenix Bikes and supported by Arlington County, local businesses, bike advocates and other community partners. We also need volunteers to help pull this off – click here to see how you can help!
ALL RIDES FINISH IN CRYSTAL CITY, where the Family Fitness Festival will be held from 11am-12pm. PLEASE NOTE THAT WALK UP / DAY OF REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO STARTING IN CRYSTAL CITY ONLY. Ride start locations, distances to the finish line, and the respective check-in and start times for each, are as follows:
1) Crystal City (@ 1900 Crystal Drive) / 16 miles / Check-in begins @ 9am, start @ 10am
2) Columbia Pike (@ Four Mile Run) / 12 miles / Check-in/start between 10am – 11am
3) Ballston (@ park on Wakefield St. next to CACI building) / 8 miles / Check-in/start between 11am – 12pm
4) Rosslyn (@ Gateway Park) / 4 miles / Checkin/start between 11:30am – 12:30pm
5) Kidical Mass Ride Loop (@ 1900 Crystal Drive) / 3 miles / Check-in begins @ 11am, start @ 12pm in Crystal City
ALL riders will get one raffle entry for passing through each rest stop as well as an additional raffle entry for crossing the finish line in Crystal City!